28th September 2012
Chat reblogged from Jesus Loves You! with 36 notes
From Grey's Anatomy 6x05. Sums up the attitude adjustment that so-called Christians need in relation to homosexuality. As far as I'm concerned, Jesus told us to love one another and actively excluding or looking down on others for something outwith their choosing is nothing close to that. I'm a Christian and I hold the same attitude as Callie - love everyone and judge nobody for it is not for us to judge.
- Mr. Torres: Leviticus: Thou shalt not lie with a man as one would lie with a female…
- Callie: Oh, don't do that, Daddy. Don't quote the Bible at me.
- Mr. Torres: The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great. And sin is exceedingly grave.
- Callie: Jesus: A new commandment that I give unto you; that you love one another.
- Mr. Torres: Romans…
- Callie: Jesus: He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.
- Mr. Torres: So, you admit it's a sin!
- Callie: Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Jesus: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Jesus: Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Jesus is my savior, Daddy. Not you. And Jesus would be ashamed of you for judging me. He would be ashamed of you for turning your back in me! He would be ashamed!